Belly band holsters help to conceal handguns beneath the shirt without compromising on accessibility. They are must-have accessories for gun owners looking to carry their guns in a more concealed manner while allowing extra gear to be utilized. But since there are several options on the market, how can one choose the best?
The best option should be compatible with what you are trying to accomplish. Besides compatibility and ease of use, belly bands should be made from quality breathable material to allow for comfort and adequate ventilation. Some top products also have accessory slots to enhance usability, functionality, and customization.
Looking to learn more about the best concealed carry belly bands in the market? Then you couldn’t be in a better place. Read on as we examine 11 of the best concealed carry belly bands, discussing their features, pros, and cons.
If you prefer to do your shopping on Amazon, be sure to check out the link below for their top-selling Belly Bands made for concealed carry. Just click the link below.
The Clutch by Unity Tactical is among the leading belly bands when you look at overall performance. It’s also my personal favorite. I find I can carry quite a robust loadout with relative comfort and concealability.
It’s made from a two-way stretch material that is combined with an adjustable shock cord creating a custom fit. It has a non-slip backing that also aids in keeping things in place.
The band is comprised of multiple slots/pockets that allow for custom gear placement. Each slot is also comprised of a velcro (loop) backing further aiding in gear retention.
I utilize additional Kydex holsters/sheaths for my carry weapon and fixed blade as well as an insert for spare mags. Other items such as med gear, flashlight, etc., can be placed as needed.
- Multiple slots for gear
- Customizable layout
- Accommodates left or right-hand users
- Comfortable after extended use
- Can be worn over clothing in a battle belt configuration
- May require buying additional gear to customize
The ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band Holster is among the leading belly bands when it comes to comfort. Made from neoprene, the band is highly adjustable and breathable, allowing you to wear it for longer periods of time.
Unfortunately, this concealed carry belly band is only available in two sizes, large and XL. The large size fits up to a 44″ (111.8 cm) belly while XL fits up to 54″ (137.2 cm) belly.
But despite the limited sizes, the product is compatible with a wide range of firearms due to its surgical-grade elasticity.
- Comes with an accessory pocket and a spare magazine pouch (movable) for enhanced usability
- Has a retention strap to keep your gun in place and secure
- Available in either left or right-hand draw
- Can be worn in different positions, including cross draw, outside the pants, and inside the waistband.
- The mag pouch doesn’t hold magazines in place during motion
- Doesn’t come in a variety of sizes
One of the best features of the AlphaHolster Belly Band Hand Gun Holster is its width and lightweight design. This holster is wide enough to accommodate your gun and a couple of other items and at the same time, light enough for long-term use throughout the day.
This versatile belly band is made from a breathable elastic material that enhances comfort during use, allowing you to conceal your handgun while maintaining normal activities.
To hold your gun in place, the holster comes with retention straps that can fit revolvers and subcompact pistols. The presence of holsters on both sides allows you to carry a gun on your preferred side, whether right or left.
Another great feature of the AlphaHolster Belly Band is its versatility. You can wear this belly band in several places, including outside and inside the waistband, and in various positions to accommodate appendix, cross body, behind the hip, and other carry positions.
- Made from a high-quality, breathable elastic material
- Suitable for both left- and right-hand draw
- Comes in different measurements (small, medium, large, and XL) to suit different-sized users
- Can get extra warm during summer, making it hard to wear under heavy clothing
The Active Pro Gear Elastic Belly Band Holster comes in multiple waist sizes (small, medium, large and extra-large) and is ideal for both men and women. It also comes with an extra pocket that allows you to carry a knife, extra magazine, money, or flashlight.
This holster is designed to fit subcompact, compact, and full-size revolvers, and semi-automatic pistols. You can also carry this handy belly band holster in any position, depending on your preferences.
- Large enough to fit different-sizes of handguns
- The holster comes in different sizes to accommodate different users
- Comes with an extra pocket for increased usability
- Ideal for extended usage during the day since it evenly distributes gun weight across the belly
- Drawing the gun can prove difficult for first-time users
- Might be slightly uncomfortable before breaking in fully
This holster is made from stretchable, high-quality neoprene material that accommodates variable weight. This means that in case you put on a couple of pounds, you won’t need to switch to a larger holster as this Defensive Gear product can adjust with relative ease.
When using this holster, you won’t have to worry about durability since it’s designed to be resistant to elements such as sunlight, sweat, sand, dust, rain, and even snow (if you can imagine it being exposed to all those things).
In case you’re after versatility, you can wear this belly band inside or outside the waistband, behind the hip, in the appendix position, or whatever your preference may be.
- Comes with a snap button that keeps the gun secure
- Easy to draw
- Magazine pockets contain retention straps
- Can be worn in different positions comfortably
- Tends to get warm easily
This particular holster scores high marks from end-users when it comes to comfort. You can wear the Concealed Carry Belly Band Holster directly on your skin since it’s made from comfortable elastic, neoprene material.
This holster’s versatility is obvious as it can be worn in several styles, including cross-body, behind the hip, outside the waistband, and inside the waistband, etc.
This handy belly band can fit a wide array of guns, including Sig Sauer, Kahr, Springfield, Kimber, Rock Island, Walther, and many other pistols. You can also take advantage of the extra slot to store your credit cards, keys, money, magazines, etc.
- Made from neoprene material that enhances comfort
- Comes with an extra magazine pocket
- Lightweight and comes in both the right-hand and left-hand options
- Elastic to accommodate different body types and weight gain over time
- Best suited for compact semi-automatics
- Absorbs heat easily, making usage a bit tricky when worn under heavy clothes
The Fullmosa Concealed Belly Holster comes in four main sizes, small, medium, large, and XXL, ensuring it can easily fit different types of users. Although this holster can suit several types of small guns, it works best for pistols whose barrel lengths measure 2″-4.5″ (5.1 cm-11.4 cm).
One standout feature of this handy holster is its smart design. This holster can be used in several positions depending on your preference. You’ll also love the four pockets spread out evenly (two on the left side and two on the right) as they enhance the holster’s overall usability in regard to extra tools.
The use of elastic mesh material ensures the holster is well ventilated, comfortable, and durable enough for long-term usage.
- Fits a wide range of subcompact and compact pistols
- Comes packed with four magazine pockets
- Contains two Velcro retention straps that keep the gun secure
- Made from an elastic mesh material that guarantees comfort during use
- The extra pockets can make the carry holster print
- The elastic mesh is thick, which leads to increased sweating during summer
This belly band holster is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts who go on runs, jogs, and other physical activities. This belly band uses a micro-hole design that enhances ventilation and comfort during warmer temperatures.
The Kaylle Belly Band Holster is ideal for subcompact, middle-sized and compact pistols with barrel lengths of 2″-4.5″ (5.1 cm-11.4 cm). The ability of the neoprene material to stretch to up to 45″ (114.3 cm) means users of different weights and sizes can comfortably use this product.
Another great feature is the use of a magnetic retention strap that promotes quiet but fast one-hand gun drawing. You can also make use of the extra magnetic strap to hold your phone or other items in place.
Instead of using normal Velcro, this band holster makes use of a technologically advanced Velcro hook that enhances comfort during wear while also making gun drawing smoother and quieter.
- Utilizes magnetic straps for retention
- Made from high-quality, elastic neoprene
- Uses a micro-hole design that promotes comfort and ventilation during use
- Comes packed with a modern Velcro hook that allows for faster and quieter gun drawing
- Might come off as fairly hard to use for first-time owners
- The extra pockets can increase the belly band’s overall weight when filled with items
The Belly Band Neoprene Belly Band stands out due to the two retention straps placed on the weapon and magazine pouches. The straps enhance retention, helping to keep things in place.
To increase overall comfort and usability, Bear Armz Tactical uses highly breathable neoprene material that allows for a snug fit regardless of size. You can choose this product in either left- or right-hand orientation, depending on your preference.
This belly band boasts a lightweight design to help you move around with ease. It also comes with a zipped pocket that’s ideal for storing money and other valuables.
- Comes with two retention straps
- The pockets are placed to distribute weight evenly
- The product comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Made from high-quality, lightweight neoprene material
- Can only fit a maximum of 42″ (106.7 cm) waist
Although the product doesn’t have extra pockets for a magazine, phone, or cash storage, it makes up with several gun-positioning areas for right or left-hand draw (which could be used for extras).
The holster pockets are large enough to fit semi-automatic pistols and revolvers, increasing the range of handguns you can carry. The extra breathability is a huge plus for those in warmer climates.
- Comfortable and breathable during hot weather
- Designed to sit low on the hips and back for enhanced comfort
- Accommodates compact and medium-sized pistols and revolvers with ease
- Great for use during the summer
- Doesn’t have too many extra pockets, meaning you’ll need to carry extra storage for your magazine and other accessories
Although this belly band holster comes in the standard and XL sizes only, it is made from elastic material to accommodate users of various sizes up to 55″ (139.7 cm) waist size.
To enhance comfort and breathability, this Bravobelt product uses CoolVent perforated neoprene that increases comfort.
The Bravobelt Belly Band Holster is designed to align to a user’s body shape and is thick enough to handle the weight of varying handguns and magazines without adding unnecessary pressure to your waistline or back.
Another stand-out feature of the product is the ability to facilitate left or right-hand draw. The Bravobelt Belly Band Holster uses its easy snap unique retention system to keep your gun secure and in position.
- Comes with an easy snap retention system that holds the gun securely in place
- Works with left or right-hand draw
- Uses a perforated Neoprene CoolVent base
- The extra thickness increases printing in some scenarios
Important Things to Consider Before Buying a Belly Band Holster
Since you’ll likely be wearing these holsters for extended periods of time, it’s crucial to buy one that’s comfortable for your body type. Try going for elastic neoprene or highly breathable fabric that’ll allow for easy ventilation, especially during hot days.
These holsters should be comfortable to the skin, especially since low-grade options more often than not lead to skin irritation or discomfort.
You’ll need to factor in two main things when it comes to size, the size of the handgun, and your body size. Since holsters come in different sizes, be sure you check measurements to determine if they’ll easily fit your needs.
Don’t buy one of these holsters at the end of its size measurements, no matter how much stretch they claim. Once you load it down with gear you may find it ends up being a little too tight for comfort.
Again, double-check that the weapon you plan on carrying will fit its design.
Ability to Hold the Gun in Position
The whole idea of using a belly band holster is to safely conceal your gun. By safely, I mean that whatever option you use must offer an acceptable level of retention. This is subjective, but something you should definitely look at.
Besides securely carrying your gun, a high-quality belly band holster should have several features that increase comfort and usability. As a result, it is advisable to purchase holsters that come with extra pockets and storage slots to aid in carrying additional EDC gear.
How do you prefer to draw your handgun? How do you train? What placement is needed for your particular requirements? Be sure to check on the draw “orientation” before making your decision.
Some high-quality belly bands are ambidextrous, meaning they are perfectly suitable for both right- and left-hand shooters.
Besides the material used in manufacturing, you should also check on the design and other comfort features. Ideally, you should choose a larger size to accommodate weight gain or the ability to wear over clothing.
Keep in mind, the more gear you add to a holster the more discomfort you are likely to experience. This is not always true, but it is something you will notice with poorly designed holsters.
We’ve covered a lot but hopefully, it gives you a solid starting point in your holster search. Ideally, the best belly bands should be comfortable, offer some level of stretch, and be breathable enough to prevent excessive sweating.
Remember to check on the maximum waist size your chosen holster can accommodate since they come in a lot of inconsistent sizes. You should also confirm the dimensions to ensure that your purchase can carry your weapon of choice.